July 19, 2010–This weekend enjoy all the BreyerFest activities at KHP.
What: BreyerFest, the annual model horse collector festival and horse fair produced by Breyer Animal CreationsÂ®, trots into Lexington for its 21st consecutive, annual festival at the Kentucky Horse Park. More than 5,000 people from around the world are expected to attend BreyerFest!
Who: Breyer is a family-owned company based in Pequannock, NJ, which designs, markets and distributes the world’s finest model horses for play and collecting. Breyer, one of America’s iconic toy lines, is celebrating its 60th anniversary in 2010. Breyer is an Official Sponsor and the Official Model Horse of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games. Breyer is also distributed in the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
When: Fri. — Sun., July 23-25, 2010
Where: Kentucky Horse Park, Lexington, KY
Why: BreyerFest was created as an annual event to bring model horse collectors and horse lovers together to honor the real horses that inspired the Breyer portrait models! The event has grown to a three-day family festival featuring top equine entertainers, a trade show, petting zoo, pony rides, fine Artisans’ Gallery, model horse customizing workshops, a free craft & activity tent, dog agility and more! If you love horses, BreyerFest is the place to come and meet your horse heroes and their people!
- The 2010 BreyerFest Celebration Horse is William and Elizabeth Shatner’s All Glory, their champion American Standardbred, presented by Elizabeth Shatner.
- Priscilla Presley will attend July 23-24 to open the Elvis Presley Graceland Stables Exhibit at the International Museum of the Horse and to help launch Breyer’s Elvis Presley Collection.
- Texas Thunder! The famed Priefert Ranch Equipment Hitch, driven by Jason Goodman, featuring six massive Percherons, is one of the nation’s premier draft horse exhibitions, performing for more than six million people each year.
- Radar, world’s largest horse record holder for the last four years! This giant Belgian is coming out of retirement for BreyerFest — his first ever BreyerFest visit.
- Trick Rider Austin Anderson! — This dashing Texan has a repertoire of dare-devil tricks that will keep you on the edge of your seat!
Breyer Portrait Models include:
- From Return to Freedom Ranch, in Lompoc, CA,(home of Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron) Isadora-Cruce and Inez-Cruce, two Colonial Spanish mares descended from the purest known strain of Colonial Spanish bloodlines.
- The winningest Paint Horse ever: Alisa Bernhardt’s Fleetstreet Max. Fourteen-year-old Alisa was told that Max would never amount to anything, but she proved them wrong and won 21 World Championships!
- O’Leary’s Irish Diamond and Melissa Cason-Kinney, the most popular Irish Draught breeding stallion in the U.S. today.
- Unique horse demonstrations: 2010 Games Event Feature, Haflingers, Friesians, minis, Pony Club Mounted Games, and much more!
- Breyer Craft Activity Center — FREE craft activities for children!
- FREE pony rides
- Exotic petting zoo with camel rides
- Dog Agility (on Saturday only)
- Autograph sessions with guest horses and speakers.
- Artisans’ Gallery featuring top equine artists/sculptors at the Holiday Inn North
- Trade Fair featuring equestrian collectibles, equine art, jewelry and more.
- Breyer Store — Find models made ONLY for BreyerFest, first offering of Elvis’ Rising Sun model, Big Lex, Breyer’s World Equestrian Games Collection and more!
- A Swap Meet for buying, selling, swapping model horses at the Holiday Inn North
- The world’s 3 largest Model Horse Shows: Open, Youth and Children (pre-registration)
- Workshops (pre-registration required) and free Seminars
CHARITIES: BreyerFest holds two raffles and both a Silent Auction and a Live Auction to support worthwhile animal welfare-related causes! 2010 Beneficiaries include:
- Ahead with Horses
- The Cloud Foundation
- Front Range Horse Rescue
- North American Association Riding for the Handicapped
- Return to Freedom Ranch
- Various local Kentucky: Lions Club of Lexington, Kentucky Horse Park Foundation, Kentucky Horse Council and more
TICKETS: Buy on-site at BreyerFest Ticket Booth at KHP. Benefits vary. Pre-registration encouraged.
- Single Day Tickets: Adults: $20 / Children 7-13 yrs: $10 — Each ticket comes with one of two (2) ltd. ed. Breyer StablemateÂ® model horses available only at BreyerFest.*
- Three Day Tickets: Adults: $85 / 7-13 yrs: $55 — Comes with 2010 Celebration Horse model, All Glory, a ltd. ed. TraditionalÂ® Breyer model valued at $40 – available only at BreyerFest.* *while supplies last
Visit our website at www.BreyerHorses.com or call 973-633-5090.